Herpes Community
Herpes Varicella (Chickenpox)

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Herpes Varicella (Chickenpox)

I had a severe case of chickenpox when I was sixteen.  I was told by my doctor that most of my lesions were internal, and I had a fever that ranged between 104 to 106.5F for eight days before it finally dropped down to about 101F for another week.  

Am I nuts to think this may have permanantly damaged my immune system?  Before I had this, I was the kid with perfect attendance who never got sick.  Afterwards, it seems like every cold or virus out there gets me, and it takes me a really long time to recover.  

I'm in my 30s now, and really tired of catching everything that comes along.  Is there anything I can do to boost my immunity?  I wash my hands all the time, (to the point that I get raw skin!), I take a regular multivitimin, I have tried echinacea, noni juice, you name it.
The chicken pox you had as a teen has no reflection on why you are getting sick now. In fact one can even argue that because you weren't really sick a lot as a child is why you are catching everything that comes round the corner near you now.

grace