Herpes Community
Herpes Whitlow transmission to Baby
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Herpes Whitlow transmission to Baby

I found out I have HSV2 in Feb 2012. In May 2012 I began getting symptoms of Herpes Whitlow, which I did not even realize existed until this month, June 2012. Throughout this whole month I have been getting blisters on my pinky finger and lots of puss draining from my nail. Meanwhile, I have been caring for my 13 month old daughter every day. I am really really nervous I may have transmitted the virus to her genitals now while changing her diaper. The past few days (since I found out I likely have whitlow) I have been keeping my finger covered and keeping it out of the way, however, today I noticed a red bump on my little girl's inner butt cheek, near her outer labia a little above her anus. It does not look like herpes, more like a hemmerhoid maybe, but I am just soooo scared it could be herpes. I plan to take her to the doctor this Monday to put my mind at ease.

Does anyone have any info or positive vibes to give me about Whitlow transmission to children? I keep thinking how difficult her adolescence could be if I were to give it to her, and how frustrated shed be with me, and how guilty I'd feel for being so careless with my daughter.
how were you tested for herpes whitlow?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Herpes Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank