Herpes Community
Herpes and Vaginal Odor

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Herpes and Vaginal Odor

Will genital herpes in a woman cause a vaginal odor?  Or could the odor be from something else?
Hi, it would be something else but with odor there should be some discharge also if theres an infection
I can tell you from experience, that there is definitely a distinct odor that accompanies my outbreaks.  I have read in several different places where experts say that's not the case, but have seen enough from other people who live with herpes that it exists.  It's no fun, and I don't know what the answer is, other than once the lesions heal, it goes away.  
Thank you.  I noticed an odor with this outbreak.  I was just going to wait it out before seeing a doctor about it.  But I wasn't sure what to do!