Herpes and Weight Loss
How does herpes cause weight loss?  Since I was diagnosed with HSV-1, I have lost mostly muscle mass particularily in the hip and buttock areas.  I have taken test for HSV-2, HIV, and all other STD's - they were all negative according to my primary doctor.  Has anyone heard of extreme weight loss in these areas?  
no it does not cause weight loss.

go and be seen and find out why this is happening. it has nothing to do with herpes and likely isn't std related at all.

grace
Thank you for the immediate response.  Your responses are exactly as my doctor.  However, I know that my condition is std related, because my symptoms began a few weeks later after having intercourse.  I just don't have a diagnosis, yet.  I have taken all std tests and was only diagnosed with HSV-1, my blood test for HSV-2 was negative.  I am so confused, but will continue to weed out possiblilites until the doctors can diagnose my condition correctly.