Herpes Community
Herpes and sex toys?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Herpes and sex toys?

Is it possible to catch herpes by using another's vibrator if the vaginal fluids on the vibrator are dried, and not directly  used after that person used it... for example, a person would use it and then right away another person used it?  How long can the virus survive on a sex toy?
Why don't you go out and get your own vibrator????? That's like rinsing some other dudes condom out and reusing it. As far as your question, no, you can not get herpes this way! Air is a natural killer of the virus. If things could give you herpes, everyone would have it. I am reacl curious what's going on over your house!! :)
This was several years ago when I was younger (and dumber).  I was ignorant, and lately I have just been wondering about this.  Trust me, I regret it.
It obviously isn't feasible to always "get your own" vibrator. Sometimes it *is* fun to share, and there's nothing wrong with that.

But it's a good idea to wash any sex toys being shared before applying them to another person. That's just good basic hygiene, whether somebody has herpes or not. So go ahead and use the same vibrator, but give it a little rinse with a mild soap first. Follow the manufacturer's instructions for cleaning - silicone toys require a little more care than dildos and toys made from harder plastics.