Herpes Community
Herpes and testing

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Herpes and testing

Would the herpes test show positive after three weeks if you show herpes symptoms.

By this I mean, I know the testing window for herpes is 3 months or so.  If you had herpes show up in a week or so after an encounter and got tested a few weeks later would you body have produced enough antibodies to show a positive result.

3 months is the timeframe to wait since your last encounter for accurate testing (should it come back negative prior to that).
Avatar n tn
ok, so does that mean that there is actually no point at all getting blood tested after two weeks? I also have symptoms and  I have an appointment tmrw.
Is it just a waste of money then? Is there no chances it could be detected?
Already answered this in your other post. PLEASE do not duplicate post and DO keep your comments in one thread.