Herpes Community
Herpes and tingling sensation

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Herpes and tingling sensation

During what stage of a herpes outbreak would tingling begin to be felt?  Before, during, after blisters appear?

Also, does the tingling sensation associated with a herpes vary from person to person?  In other words, might some people experience the tingling feeling while others none at all?  Does it vary in intensity?
Avatar n tn
Why dont you google cold sores? Most informative sites will tell you the stages of a cold sore. All your asking about is tingling and that sounds like the only symptom your having
The tingling is before the formation of the water blister.  The tingling is very localized to where exactly the sore will appear.  It is during this time that the virus is traveling along the nerve to the skin.
All of the above, before, during, and after from my experience.  Everyone is different though.  Some can feel an outbreak coming on, while others have no idea.  That is why this virus is so easily spread.
In my experience, it is before and during. Some have no tingling at all, while others do experience it. It varies greatly from person to person.
I think it probably varies from person to person but for me personally, I have no tingling prior to an outbreak. During and for probably a month after my initial outbreak, however, I had CONSTANT tingling...it was seriously pure hell!