Herpes Community
Herpes blister on forehead

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Herpes blister on forehead

Hello, this is my first time on this site, and I am glad it exist...I have a son who is 17, and we were traveling all day today by plane 11/24.  Anyways, I noticed a red area on his forehead forming, but I thought it was a pimple he busted.  I wasn't until we reached our destination that he has a red couping of a few blisters in the middle of his forehead.  I am wondering what to do for him? Is there a period you can catch this and it not come back, or that it may just be a cold sore of simplex 1 and not  simplex 2 of Herpes?  Once, I noticed it I urged him not to pick and to be more thorough in his cleaning and contact with others.  I cleaned the site with hydrogen peroxide, and I gave him a Aclyvoir to take?  Please advise what to do and if he should have a test or go to a urgent care center?  Thank you
This most likely isn't herpes related.  It's in the middle of his forehead which would be a very unusual location for herpes to show up at. He's 17 so it's far more likely to be plain ole acne.  Personally I wouldn't even bother going to take him to be seen unless it looks worse in a day or two.

grace
Sorry grace, but that was my whole reason for asking b/c it looks nothing like the acne he has on his face at all!  A nurse stated that it may be a spider bite which is possible as well. I will just take him to the doctor, but thanks for trying...

If you research you will find out that herpes will come in the form of an "acne '' like blister, and rashes as well. Today we do know that all Viral strains are replicating themselves and becoming stronger to survive and show up in any way in its host
I have to disagree with what you've said about herpes. I"m sure HHH and EWH will also if you pay to post this on the std expert site too.

There is so much else out there besides herpes.  Absolutely no reason to suspect herpes in that location.

grace
I have to agree with you in taking him to the Dr.  I too recently had the same symptoms on my forehead exactly as you described.  It indeed is Herpes, but of the cold sore type.  I have SLE LUPUS and RA so very low immune system.  I recently went to the Dr. and he prescribed me the exact medication as you gave your son.  Very good thinking!  It is due to a viral infection.  I hope this helps!

Lisa