Herpes concern
I had a unprotected sex with someone who had an sti and herpes (I didn't know at the time) over a year ago. I have not had sex since then. Since then I treated and got rid of my sti and I've been tested for EVERYTHING (herpes, hiv, hpv, etc). I tested at the 6 month mark, and year mark - all were negative. Around the eighth month mark months ago I had this raw area that bothered me and a tiny spot similar to red "cut" or micro ulcer. I'm sorry I'm not good at explaining how it looked because it's not like anything I've seen. There was no blister, sore, scab, and it wasn't really a cut either. If it wasn't for the uncomfortable itchy/tingly feeling I wouldn't have even noticed. Anyways, I went to the doctor but by the time I got an appointment (a few days)- it had pretty much healed - they did a blood test and it was negative. Yet, the same thing has happened twice now and it's starting again. That makes 3 negative blood tests. It's been a year and four months. All that being said can I still have herpes and it just not show up on the tests, or is something else causing this? How long does it take for enough antibodies to develop to test positive and can I believe the results are accurate? Thanks and sorry it's so long.
so you've now had 3 herpes igg blood tests?  Just making sure I understand your testing since you also said you weren't tested for herpes.

grace