Herpes Community
Herpes from Shaving?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Herpes from Shaving?

Can the virus transmit through razors used to shave the pubic area? Even if it hasn't been used in quite some time?

My question didn't really get answered but these bumps appeared a few days after shaving. I have had no sexual contact for at least 6 months, including oral sex. And this is the first time this sort of thing has happened.  They appear as bumps, without white heads, but are the size of your average pimp,.  Some of them though look impacted. Its been 2 weeks now and i still have some remaining. But i was also curious that maybe these could be in grown hairs? Most of the bumps have a single pubic hairs sticking out of them. And i know sometimes i get bumps on my scalp that my mother says are in grown hairs.  Some of the bumps over the passing days have completely disappeared, leaving no trace of anything being there except for hair.  Some still remain though.  There isnt much redness, and the bumps are the same color as my skin tone (brown skin tone). how ever i am really sensitive on these areas on these bumps.  The sensation i get is more of a stinging, stabbing one, rather than a burning, inflamed feeling.

The only puss i experiences is when, im assuming due to rubbing or pressure, or by friction, a small one becomes an enlarged one. If i apply pressure to it, white puss comes out followed by a clear liquid.  The bump becomes  swollen but after time, its swell downs, leaving no scars. There have been only two bumps i have done this with, the rest have just been normal and go away on its own.

i have googled herpes and the images that i see of herpes are bumps but arent as severe or discolored as the bumps that i have, not to mention i'm not getting of the ill-like symptoms that come with it. Now pains in my legs, muscles, anywhere.  I just want to know if i should worry or not and see a doctor.  I just want them to go away because its rather embarassing.
correct No* Pains in my legs...
you should never share razors with anyone - the risk of other diseases thru doing so is far too high.  Also never use the same razor on your genital area that you use on your face either.

These could be many things including ingrown hairs and folliculitis. The best thing to do is to follow up on it with your provider to see what is going on.

grace