Herpes Community
Herpes from massage?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Herpes from massage?

I received a sensual massage where the masseuse sat on my right calf with her bare vagina--this lasted for a couple of minutes. Then she rubbed her buttocks and vagina on my back. There was no genital to genital contact, period. There was only a hand release at the end of the massage.

Assuming the masseuse had herpes, would it be possible to catch it from her vagina touching my leg and my back?

Any guidance or information will be greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to read this.
Very, very low chance. The virus needs to be massaged into skin such that it can infect a nerve ending.

The skin is very thick where you mention, extremely so compared the usually areas of infection being lips and genitals.

Not only would herpes need to be present, but shedding in sufficient quantities to even be a vague chance.