Herpes Community
Herpes from sharing pipe/hookah?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Herpes from sharing pipe/hookah?

OK so basically I'm pretty pissed off because my friend had a cold sore under his nose and he didn't tell anyone about it because it wasn't on his mouth so he figured it wasn't contagious.we shared a hookah without a mouthpiece taking turns smoking for 5-10 min each. later that night we also smoked out of a bowl pipe with some friends, which in that case i heated up the mouthpiece of the bowl 95% of the time it was passed to me. what worries me is, my lip had a small cut on it and I'm worried it could have made me susceptible to getting hsv1. i didn't find out about him having a cold sore til today, anybody who knows, how high are the chances i could contract this from him? and should i be worried?also i had really bad dry mouth, could the lack of moisture in my mouth reduce the risk of the virus surving long enough to infect me?