Herpes Community
Herpes from toilet seat?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Herpes from toilet seat?

Good day! So, I'm a male and today I was sitting on a toilet in a dirty, outdoor, public restroom at a busy camping park. I covered the toilet seat with 4 layers of toilet paper. As I was "going", I noticed that the tip of my uncircumcised penis, while still covered by the foreskin, touched the inner rim of the toilet seat. I learned that you can get herpes from a toilet seat, and that the herpes virus can survive on an inanimate object as long as it's damp, hot, and stuffy with urine. Bear in mind, it was 100 degrees today and I'm sure there was urine on the inner rim of the seat. Though the park was busy, no one had used the toilet soon before I used it (I think). After I finished my business, I gently rubbed my penis with a damp paper towel with soap. 3-4 hours later I showered thoroughly and applied nyastatin/triamcinolone, which is some leftover ointment from a yeast infection I had.  So, now I'm freaking out. How much of what I said is true about herpes on toilet seats, and how long can the virus last on a surface even in its preferred  environment? What are the chances I contracted the virus?
Thanks for your time!
No, you won't get herpes from a toilet seat.