Herpes Community
Herpes home testing kit??

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Herpes home testing kit??

I am considering buying a home herpes test online for my husband. He is embarassed to see his doctor and the clinic available on his ship will wrongly diagnose him for sure. it has happened before. (told him he had Genital warts when it was really Molluscum)
Does anyone have any experience with these? it is a urine test..pee pee in a cup while you have an active herpes outbreak, then send the peepee off to the lab.
does anyone know how accurate these things are?
thank you :)
there aren't home herpes testing kits.  some companies do sell incredibly over priced herpes pcr swab tests but I don't recommend wasting your time and money on one. If he has an active ob now, he needs to be seen now, not wait a week and then swab.  

in the clinic's defense, it can be very hard seeing the difference between warts and molluscum on the genitals. treatment is the same anyways for both.

have you been tested for herpes ?

grace
Yes my husband and i both had a full std test about a month before we were married. and we both tested clean. is it possible the results could have been wrong? Anyway i found a testing center near my home. those kits really are expensive. thanks for the advice!
herpes is typically not a part of routine std testing. are you sure you were both tested for herpes?  If you were, and both were negative, then it's not likely this  is herpes going on unless he's had other partners.

grace