Herpes Community
Herpes of chaffing?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Herpes of chaffing?

Hello I am a 21 year old male. I have not been sexual active for over a year and I have only had sexual intercourse with 3 different females, all of which I was in a relationship at the time of intercourse. About 2 years ago after getting together with my 3rd girIfriend I noticed a red pub on the head of my penis. This bump accured approximetly 1 1/2 to 2 months after our first sexual intercourse.It did not hurt, itch or cause any discomfort at all and went away with in that same week. I had been camping and fourwheeling in the woods that week so I just assumed it was chaffing or an insect bite. However the bump has re-occured twice in the past 2 years, not in the exact same place but the bumps are always on the head of my penis. In both instances I was away from home, the first time swimming in a river, and this last time which occured in July 2012 I was swimming in the ocean. The July occurence is the one thatI am worried about because it's was not just one bump it was several smaller red bumps, but again they did not itch or hurt at all.

Also I frequently masterbate 1 to 2 times a day and sometimes I ejaculate in my boxers and do not always have time to clean my self up.

Please help I am really concerned!
These bumps worry me to point that I have stoped pursuing any  sexual relationships with females.
have you ever been tested for herpes to know your status?

grace
No, I have never been tested. However, I am planning on getting tested for all STD's very soon. I was just wondering if my symptoms matched up with herpes or any other STD.

Thank you for your reply.
typically herpes lesions are itchy and/or painful.  definitely cover your bases with a type specific herpes igg blood test to see what your status is and try to  be seen the next time you have this again to get it looked at for better answers.

have you had your gardasil shots for hpv yet since you are only 21?
No I have not had any shots. Should I get some?
gardasil shots for hpv are recommended for males and females. they protect against 4 types of hpv - 2 that cause oral, cervical and anal cancers and 2 that cause most obvious genital warts.