Herpes Community
Herpes of folliculitis?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Herpes of folliculitis?

Thursday of last week, I had protected vaginal sex with a 20 year old girl. The condom broke while inside and my penis was exposed for a brief moment before I removed it. She performed oral sex also. On this same day, I dry shaved my entire pubic region including the shaft with an old razor (3 or 4 months to be exact).

With this being said..

A day or two later, I noticed approximately 8-10 red bumps with pustules in the middle (looked like white heads) in my groin area. However, these bumps were nowhere near the shaft The bumps became slightly itchy and painful to the touch. Over the next 2 days a couple more pus-bumps appeared, 4 around the base of the shaft. The previous bumps had started to crust over at this point, although still red and tender to the touch.

It is now 7 days after the shaving/sexual contact, and I noticed two very small red bumps below the head of the penis today. My lymph nodes in the groin area are also swollen.

I have been doing extensive research over the last few days, and have narrowed down the symptoms to either herpes or folliculitis. In the first days of geting the bumps, I did a lot of scratching without realizing that could spread whatever I have. What is your take on the situation? Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Well I'm sure the expert here (Grace) will tell you that it's impossible to confirm anything online.  Since you just noticed new bumps today, get them looked at immediately.  They can usually get a good culture from a herpes sore in the first 24-48 hours.  It's too early for a blood test to tell you anything, and waiting 3 months for that is hell (trust me).  If you have something for the doctor to look at, do it now.  
Have a Herpes question?
100,000+ doctor answers