Herpes on Hand, should I cover with a band-aid?
I recently discovered I have a small outbreak on my right hand, I decided to cover it with a bandage because our hands touch everything, and don't want to spread the infection.  My question is, is it going to make it way worse b/c I'm depriving it of air.  I bandaged it kinda loosely, to allow a little room for air to get in.  I will replace the bandage twice a day to give it some time to breath.  What are your thoughts on this?  
Were you diagnosed with herpes on your hand? If so, how did you contract it?
It spread to my hand, I have an outbreak on my face. Contracted through casual contact, stuff is crazy contagious.
well actually it's just being unlucky more than being "crazy contagious".  did you start antivirals to help speed healing?

should you cover this if it is herpes? indeed you should be!  

are you making it worse by covering it? no you are not.  

in addition to the antivirals to help speed healing, try soaking it periodically in domoboro's solution too to help speed healing.  you can find it at most drug stores. it comes in a tablet that you mix with water to make a solution.  

let's keep all your questions in this post too instead of multiple ones - thanks!

grace