Herpes Community
Herpes on Hand, should I cover with a band-aid?
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Herpes on Hand, should I cover with a band-aid?

I recently discovered I have a small outbreak on my right hand, I decided to cover it with a bandage because our hands touch everything, and don't want to spread the infection.  My question is, is it going to make it way worse b/c I'm depriving it of air.  I bandaged it kinda loosely, to allow a little room for air to get in.  I will replace the bandage twice a day to give it some time to breath.  What are your thoughts on this?  
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Were you diagnosed with herpes on your hand? If so, how did you contract it?
Blank
It spread to my hand, I have an outbreak on my face. Contracted through casual contact, stuff is crazy contagious.
Blank
101028_tn?1348750963
well actually it's just being unlucky more than being "crazy contagious".  did you start antivirals to help speed healing?

should you cover this if it is herpes? indeed you should be!  

are you making it worse by covering it? no you are not.  

in addition to the antivirals to help speed healing, try soaking it periodically in domoboro's solution too to help speed healing.  you can find it at most drug stores. it comes in a tablet that you mix with water to make a solution.  

let's keep all your questions in this post too instead of multiple ones - thanks!

grace
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Herpes Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank