Herpes on Scrotum
I had my very first outbreak a month a go. The sores appeared on my scrotum. My herpes seemed to be dormant for like 3 years since i believe i got it from a csw. Right now, the sores are gone and healed.

I told my current gf that i have it. She was surprised but insisted she'll stay with me.

Now my problem is this, I dont want to contract it to her. But i had my sores on my scrotum before.

So that means, even if I put on condoms if we decide to have intercourse, the condom won't be able to cover my scrotum. It might have direct contact with her genitals and She might get it.

Am I right with these? If so, what can I do to prevent contracting it to her? Any suggestions or same experiences?

Thanks a lot!
Do you have HSV-1 or HSV-2 genitally?

Herpes is contagious from the whole boxer short area, but is probably more contagious in areas where you develop sores. You can get on antivirals if you have HSV-2, which will reduce shedding. Consistent use of condoms, using anti-virals, and not having sex during outbreaks will make the risk of transmission slim. There's nothing you can do to make it 100% preventative, but this should cut the risk down substantially.
what testing did you have done for herpes?

has your partner been tested to know her own status?

grace