Herpes Community
Herpes on buttocks

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Herpes on buttocks

I am a male who had one encounter with a female 4 weeks ago.  I wore a condom. It was a short encounter no kissing no oral no forplay etc.  2 weeks after i got flu like symptoms with a dry cough fever of 101 and congestion in the nose (for one day)   I had a pimple on the bottom of my butt that hurt I put some oxy 10 on it and the pain went away.  A few days later i took a picture of it and it was there, painless and had a white dot in the middle with dry skin around the oiutside.  It eventually went away.  A week after that (3 weeks) i got a red spot slightly raised on my hip wihich hsd tranluscent top with a brown dot in the middle it did not hurt  I picjked at it and it is scebbed but never hurt, one little tiny spec of blood no fluid i have been obsessive thinking  ave herpes

can someone have an itial outbreak on the buttocks area?   I read Dr HHH and he said initials usually happen on the genitals itself   Please help/
have you been seen and had this looked at yet?  

yes, you can have your initial ob on the buttocks - they can occur anywhere.  

your flu like symptoms sound like a viral upper respirator infection, not the flu like symptoms we refer to with herpes.

since it was a protected encounter, if you are concerned, seek out syphilis testing after 6 weeks post encounter and herpes igg blood testing after 3 months. should you get a return of symptoms anywhere, be seen promptly for an exam and no picking at them!

grace
it was looked at via photo by a MD because it healed on my butt the doc said it looked like a boil and the std clinic the week previous looked at the semi healed area and said that does not look like a herpes.

Is this one time encounter put me at risk?  Dr HHH insists initials are at site of infetion and recurrents can be anywhere