Herpes Community
Herpes on face

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Herpes on face

Is it possible for someone to transfer a herpes infection to their face if they went to the bathroom, touched a herpes sore, then touched their face before they washed their hands?

How likely is this to happen? Why or why not?
Many of the question you ask can be answered in the Herpes Handbook, found at  www.westoverheights.com. Be sure to read it.

You can read about this topic in the transmission chapter. No reason to at all worry about this at all as it's rare (I know I don't worry, and I have genital herpes). "Autoinoculation almost always occurs during the first outbreak when the immune system has not yet produced an immune response to the herpes." And again, it's rare even then.