Herpes Community
Herpes on forehead??

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Herpes on forehead??

Is it possible to have herpes all over face and forehead? I haverecently gone to my primary physician and dermatologist and they tell me it is acne and prescribed benzaclin/ Atralin and sumaxin. Benzaclin seemed to work at first, but now it seems to make my breakouts worse. The other two prescriptions just dont seem to work at all. What could this be?Herpes? I do have herpes, but my doctor tells me it should only be on the lip (I have it next to the lip) it's not noticeable at all. I have been breaking up Lysine pills and spreading it on my face and that works somewhat ok. Its embarrassing walking out the door with my face looking like that...Any suggestions???
no, it's not going to present all over the face and continue to reoccur all over the face.

you were seen and they didn't think it looked like herpes either.

lysine does little for herpes and we really don't recommend its use.

grace
Thanks Grace,

They say its acne, but it doesn't seem to go away with the medications provided...the pimples seem to have clear fluid (on the foreghead)...I havent had once full blown outbreak on the lips...if anything they just crack and that's it...Now the face is where I get these unsightly pimples...which are not white heads. Some are flat blackheads... Most of them come up on the temples and the side of the forehead.
return to your dermatologist for further evaluation. this isn't herpes .