Herpes Community
Herpes on lip now a sore ear canal

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Herpes on lip now a sore ear canal

Should I be worried that my ear canal is now sore following an outbreak of herpes of my lip?
my throat is a little sore and my right ear feels like it is popping and is slightly painful.

when my lip was in outbreak i might have inadvertedly touched the inside of my ear.
Will it spread to my brain?!!

please any advice would be great,
SA
it feels like it is an my eardrum the pain. would it be more visible at the start of the ear canal and then spread?!

It sounds like you have a cold going on. I would assume the ear pain is due to the viral infection/cold you are also going thru.

follow up with your doctor to see if you have an ear infection that might need treated ( most ear infections aren't treated anyways because they are viral and will heal on their own ).

grace
thanks grace,

i know i.m being a bit over-cautious but i think caused i was poking at my ear and i'm usually so careful that it's made me over-sensitive.

not sure how common coldsores in ear canals are either.

thanks again,SA

What's that saying - never put anything smaller than your elbow in your ear? he he he

It's doubtful it's a herpes ob inside the ear. Like I said - sounds like you have an upper respiratory viral infection going on that has caused a build up of fluid inside your ears. Take plenty of otc pain relievers as needed and follow up with your provider.  Sometimes things like sudafed help too to relieve the pressure by reducing the amount of fluid in your sinus's .   Even a sore enough throat can cause referred pain into the ears.  

grace