Herpes Community
Herpes on scalp

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Herpes on scalp

Can you get herpes on your scalp?  I have some sort of HSV as cultured from my doctor about 6 years ago.  I never took a blood test.  I'm on Valtrex suppressive.  I've noticed that over the years I'll sometimes get little pimples on scalp that sometimes scab over with a yellow scab.  I just noticed a few scabs yesterday as I was running my fingers through my head. I haven't noticed my head being itchy or tingly. They seem to be at the top back of my head.  I would say it's in somewhat of a line about 1 inch long.  I'm positive I've had these in the past.  Sometimes I find them as I feel my hair or scalp.  I was in the sun over the weekend.  
One more thing on the yellow scabs on scalp.  I didn't notice any sort of blisters prior to yesterday.  The only thing I discovered was the scab yesterday.  Now of course I feel like my whole top of my head is itching.  Anxiety continues.
Are you bald ? I'm curious as to how on earth you can see this if it's at the back of your head and under a bunch of hair ?
I think your anxiety is out of control and that needs to be addressed by your Doctor soon .....

Daisy
I founf out a few years ago that i have Genital Herpes before i found out i had a daughter premature but all of a sudden she has been getting these bumps that turns in to scabs and i am wondering wht the heck is going did she contract it as well...Some one let me know
Anyone heard of encephalitis? My scalp is itching and tingling, and I'm getting pimples that becomes bright red. However, I haven't noticed any scabs. I haven't noticed any type of lesions on other infected areas. I see minor paper cuts around my lips. My eyes are killing me. My pupils itch and are red. My fingers itch and tingles every so often. I'm so afraid, because my livelihood, career-wise, depends on me staying mentally healthy. I'm so afraid for my kids. My daughter, which is 2 years old, hairline is balding and she has balding patches. She complains about her eyes and scalp itching. Sometimes she complain about her vagina. I'm worried about my 1 year old, as well. She's having a few symptoms linked to encephalitis. I have mentals symptoms linked to ecephalitis ... it's critical and extremely scary, because my survival is dependent on my health. I have explained my worries to our PCP, however brushed off with other diagnosis as for as my scalp and eyes. I was diagnosed with genital during my pregnancy. This is disaster. My life is over. My daughters are so beautiful and precious. They were a true gift to me, which is being taken away. Everything in my life has been taken away. Now this
If this is HSV encephalitis then the first thing is you would need to get diagnoised with such.  I believe this to be a rather deal.  If your PCP is blowing you off time to find a new PCP.  I would also recommend a nurologist to have them do some looking into anything dealing with your mental challenges starting out.  You may want to see a doctor who specializes in dealing with infections such as HSV.  

I think you need to relax and start to discuss this with your doctors and listen to them.  You need to be worked up on things by them first before you start believing this is what you have.  

How were you diagnoised with genital HSV (I am guessing as it is not clear in your post)?  Blood work?  Visual?  Culture?  

Your childs doctor can look into these symptoms as well.  I would be surprised to hear that an MRI/CT was not ordered.  (I believe now days more is being done on CT but I am not a doctor.)  Seek the assistance of professionals in the field to which you are having issues.  

Also feel free to start your own thread so we can follow up with you.  
culture detection ... no mri/ct ordered
You should follow the advice I have given and seek out the professionals that will best help with this.  I would also say you can start your own thread for assistance to your issue and not tagging along to someone elses.
If you were in an active outbreak of herpes as your baby passed through the birth canal, it is very likely that she contracted it from you during childbirth. Usually ob/guns want women with genital herpes to deliver by C section in order to avoid the risk of herpes caused blindness in the baby, and yes, having genital herpes can cause premature labor.
You don't need to be bald. If you run your fingers through your hair you can feel them. I get these bumps too that turn into scabs. I think it's from HSV. Sometimes when I comb my hair the pieces of scab goes on the comb. If you get a hand held mirror and put it towards the back of your head, separate your hair very tightly, while standing in front of another mirror (so you can see the back of your head) you can see the scabs. Also, a friend of mine saw them on the back of my head while separating my hair.
I get the same thing. I think it's from the HSV. I was diagnosed with HSV2 by visual and blood. I only noticed recently that I started getting tiny bumps on the back of my head that turn into yellow scabs. I notice that if I use Prell shampoo it clears up most of them. I had it bad one time where it looked like I had cradle cap on the back of my head.