Herpes Community
Herpes on the cheek

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Herpes on the cheek

Every now and then I seem to get a red patch on my cheek with a very slightly raised bump in the same spot. It never really itches or is painful but I'm wondering because it seems to be in the same spot everytime could this possibly be a herpes outbreak that I may have caught from a kiss on the cheek (one of my mum's friends who sometimes greets with a kiss on the cheek occaisionally gets cold sores)?
Cheers
No reason to think it's herpes, and herpes lesions appear typically as blister type clusters that crust and heal.

If it's bothersome, follow up with a dermatologist when you have active symptoms.