Herpes Expert Forum
Herpes on the chest?

Welcome to the Herpes forum. This forum is for questions and support pertaining to herpes simplex virus infections (HSV-1 and 2) and herpes zoster (shingles) and the virus that causes it, varicella zoster virus. Questions about genital herpes are welcome both here and on the STD Forum.

Herpes on the chest?

Hi there, while reading on this site I found out that it is possible to get herpes on the chest. I was recently with a woman who was naked although we did not have sex. In fact the only thing that happened is that we spoke, I hugged her from behind naked for approx 5-10 seconds and i touched her with my hands on her abs, arms legs and buttocks (I'm pretty confident that was all). However I did kiss her nipples for a few seconds and all in all the experience lasted approximately 5-10 minutes with minimal contact.
However 2 days later i found a spot on my chest (very small and not particularly odd looking- im sure this is is a
regular kind of spot i occasionally get).

I was therefore wondering how herpes on the chest can be spread just so I can be sure about what this is?

There was not kissing at all. I also don't remember any sort of contact with my chest. The only contact the lady in question made with me was when she pinched my genitals with the base of her finger (which didn't last for more than a seconds). I understand that there is a chance that I could be nominated for hypercondriac of the year but i would really appreciate a medical professional's opinion.
Herpes on the chest is rare.  I have seen it once in 30 years.  It came about because the woman involved had a man sucking on her nipples with a cold sore present.  Apparently, the sucking was aggressive, broke her skin, and passed the cold sore virus from his mouth to her nipple.  

The experience that you describe is nothing at all like this.

The herpes virus is not shed from intact skin like the breast or chest.  that skin is just too thick for virus to escape.  The genital skin is very thin and virus can be given off even when no lesions are present.

I have ZERO concern that your experience put you at any risk of contracting herpes.

Terri
Also the spot was only noticed after i got out of the shower as there is not tingling sensation or anything of the sort.
Thank you for the help. I have only just found out about this site but it really is a great way of gaining knowledge. Also thanks a lot for the swift reply.
you are most welcome

Terri