Herpes only on butt cheek
I dated a girl for a few months that said she had herpes, but in only showed up on her butt cheek. She had been married for 7 years, and her husband never had any symptoms.  Now she said she never got officially tested, but her OB/GYN said that's what it was.  And it only showed up when she was stressed or exhausted and had the normal syspmtoms of a small outbreak on her butt cheek.  Now I though herpes was only on genitals?  Is it possible to only have on but cheek?
It can appear anywhere in the area that would be covered by a pair of boxer shorts.  In rarer cases it can appear in other areas, but much less often.  It is a skin disease, not a vagina/penis disease, it just prefers those areas due to the type of skin.  
Unfortunately this gal hasn't had a proper work up and she hasn't had proper education on her herpes :(

It sounds like this isn't a relationship you are involved in at this point? if so, cover your bases and get yourself a type specific herpes igg blood test to see what your status is. you need to wait at least 3 months after the last time you had sex with her to get the testing done.

Herpes showing up on the butt cheek is rather common. It's still genital herpes and it still sheds from the anogenital area to be transmitted to a partner potentially even when symptoms aren't present on the butt cheek.  the risk from this partner is no different than the risk from someone who gets actual symptoms on their genitals.

keep asking questions as you have them!
g
race
She's just a "friend" now... and she likes this one guy.... a friend of mine is interested in her and I was trying to "secretly" help them both out...  I can't seem to find any references or information on it being that common.  Maybe "butt cheek" isn't the proper terminology though :-)
butt cheek works just fine around here :)

It's officially referred to as herpes on non-genital sites.  

Perhaps send her a link to the herpes handbook at www.westoverheights.com so she can learn more about her herpes. She also needs to get testing done to know which type she has too.  

grace