I am looking for some professional insight about herpes.
I had a possible exposure almost 4 months ago now and am now worried that I may have herpes. I posted my risk on the community forum and received feedback which was great but I wanted to take it a step further.
My exposure 4 months ago was:
- deep keeping(tonge to tongue
-fingerings woman on her menstrual cycle
- possible frontage for 30 seconds or so (I was on top of this women, she was naked, and my penis was pulled outof my fly.
I noticed a pimple on the top backside of my penis right where the shafts meets the foreskin rim ( I am circumsized). I it was red with a tint whitehead. I popped it and thick paste-like puss csme out. Just like toothpaste coming out of a bottle. 24 hours later it was gone and a small slightly raised white scar has remained.
1. I am going tomy gp on Jan 2 to get tested but I want to knowing this sounds like herpes?
2. If this isindeed herpes I am doubtful that I got it from my last exposure. Could my first outbreak take years to come up.
Your symptoms do not sound like herpes to me. Herpes rarely has thick white stuff coming out of it.
It is good that you are getting tested, yes. And four months is plenty of time to wait to be tested. When you do go to be tested, be certain you get only IgG testing, no IgM testing. There are many false positives on the IgM test, and it just scares people rather than giving an accurate result.
When you get the results, if you need help with interpretation, let me know.
Not sure if it matters but this pimple came up about 4 months after my exposure and it was painless, not itchy, and I have not had any others symptoms. I popped it the same day I saw it and 24 hours later the white scar has been there ever since. The white scar is still a small bump.... You only notice its a bump when you run your finger across it - its that small.
I went to my doctor the first week on Jan and showed him my bump, explained the situation and risk and discussed testing.
He told me that he would not recommend testing, and that the bump looked lwas "probably a cyst". - he really did not seem concerned about it at all. he did say that the bump would probably refill again (just to warn me because he knows im paranoid). It has filled again a couple of times now...same white greasy gunk comes out when i pinch it.
He also explained that frottage is a very low risk activity for hsv transmission and that the bump is likely unrelated the sexual contact.
1) What do you think this rice grain looking bump on my penis is?!
2) I am confused on hsv risk... is frottage only a theoretical risk? have you even seen someone get hsv because of this sort of contact?
3) If I ask for testing he will allow me to do it....I'm wondering if I should just to put my mind at ease! How accurate is a test 5+ months out?
I agree that it could be a cyst or something similar, and the stuff that comes out does NOT sound like a herpes lesion. It could be a little blocked skin duct, also. I see those all the time.
Frottage is less of a risk for herpes than intercourse, but not risk free. I have seen people who have acquired herpes through only genital rubbing, yes, but not often.
The test is very accurate 5 months out, particularly for HSV 2.
Note: Some of the videos on this website contains information that is not correct about herpes. I have not approved them and disagree strongly with some of the content. Please do not take their presence on this website as an endorsement by me.
Thanks for being so great and responding to all of my questions. I am having avery hard time getting over this bump on my penis even though my Doc says it is not Herpes.
I think this is b/c I have a spouse and the frottage episode I engaged in (which was for about 30 seconds or so and I consisted of me laying on top on this woman.. not actual grinding) was with a woman who is not my spouse.... I am deeply ashamed.
Last questions...for a whole anyway.
1) Does Herpes usually leave a white raised bump after a breakout? I'ts been here for almost 3 months now and has more or less looked the same since I popped it back on Dec-15-2012.
2) I live in Canada so it's grind to get a type specific test... I have severe anxiety about getting a false positive. Even though my doc says to forget about ths I feel like I should get a test.... I'm to scared to get this though... if I were your patient would you tell me to get tested given the limited information you have?
Thank you for explaining more about your encounter with this other woman. I don't think this presents a risk for you - no grinding of genital together is very different than lots of genital rubbing together.
The lesion that you are describing sounds nothing like herpes, either.
I now agree with your doctor that this situation and your symptoms do not sound like herpes - consistent.
Copyright 1994-2017MedHelp International.All rights reserved. MedHelp is a division of Aptus Health.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.