Herpes or Yeast?
Last week my fiance proposed to me and we had sex more times than usual. The next day my vagina was tender and I assumed it was from rough sex, but two days later I had swollen glands in my groin and a break out of blisters on my vagina. They are excruciating. I can't even use the bathroom without wanting to scream. I just had a baby 5 months ago.. and since then I had been wondering whether or not I had a little bit of a yeast infection because at times my vagina would be a little bit irritated after sex and then go away. Last night I went to the ER to let the doctor take a look. As soon as he saw it, he believed it was herpes.. but once he started to do an internal he said that he was 99% sure that I had a yeast infection due to the extreme amount of cheese like discharge that was in my vagina. At the moment I am driving myself insane as I await for my test results to come back. I have been with the same guy for two years.. I have a little boy and am recently engaged. It breaks my heart that something like this would pop up! Has this ever happened to anyone else?
Hey congrats on getting engaged first of all. Secondly it is probably yeast infection, you probably had a lot of irritation on top of that from a lot sexual activity. its not herpes. I will tell u one thing, when it shows up u will know u have it. there will be no doubts. well maybe that is not very true but from what you are describing, it doesn't sound like herpes.
I would wait for your results to come back in and trust in your doctor. Did he take a culture or swab of the blisters? It's possible if you do have herpes that it could've came from oral sex if your partner has HSV-1 (cold sores). However, I would trust in your doctor and just wait for the results to come back.
what testing did they do?

have you and your partner ever been tested for herpes before?  odds are it wasn't a part of your pregnancy testing but you'll need to check to know for sure.

grace