Herpes Community
Herpes or is it just yeast infection.

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Herpes or is it just yeast infection.

Hello Doc,
I am 23 yrs old male, I haven't been sexually active for last 1.5 yrs. But 5 days ago, decided to visit a massage parlour with my friend. We both decided to have a session with the same girl. Well, I took shower, she gave me a massage by sitting on my back without any panties on, then she put on a condom on my penis and we engaged in oral and vaginal sex.

Next morning when I woke up I noticed something like a yeast infection on my penis (white stuff like some remains after one uses an eraser), I concluded its a yeast infection because I am allergic to ammoxycylin and it causes the same reaction on my penis. So, I applied Nyaderm (Nystatin Oinment USP) which is an antifungal cream . Later that day when I talked to my friend he told me that he got the same white stuff on his penis as well. Now, I don't understand how could we both be experiencing same yeast infection if we put a condom  on? (I did read that some brand condoms cause it)

While I was searching for the cause of that yeast infection I found your website and saw the HERPES section, now I am wondering if there is a chance that I contracted HERPES from her. After what I have read, it seems like blood test is the only sure shot way to tell if you have HERPES. She did not have an outbreak or anything and was very cautious while we had sex (she did give me a handjob without condom). I know that herpes is skin to skin so I have three questions for you:
1. Is it a yeast infection that I have?
2. Can she transmit herpes to me if I had condom on and it did not look like she was having an outbreak?
3. How long should I wait to get the blood test and what should I make of the itching down there?
This is not the doctor's forum, but I will try to help out the best that I can--
1.  I really cannot say what the white stuff both you and your friend noticed after your night at the massage parlor was, but the best thing to do is get this checked out by a doctor.  The symptoms that you experienced, however, were not related to herpes -- the next morning would be too early for any sign of infection to show up.
2.  Yes, herpes can be transmitted in between outbreaks, through asymptomatic viral shedding.  There are certain times when a person is infectious, even if no visible sores are present.  Also, while condoms are very good, they are not perfect.  Herpes can still be transmitted when protection is used.  However, the fact that your partner did not appear to have an outbreak combined with condom use greatly reduces your risk of getting herpes.
3.  Blood tests can take 3-4 months from time of exposure to become positive.  Bottom line - you need to see a doctor to diagnose any discharge or itching you are having.  Even if you were exposed to herpes, these symptoms sound like they are due to something else.
Best,
Em  
It is paranoia and guilt taking over. I have never been to a massage parlor in my life before and seriously regretting that I did now.
Thanks Emma_08
ITS NOT HERPES... Nothing you have described suggests herpes AT ALL!! Herpes would never show up the next day and whatever you have going on doesn't at all sound like a herpes outbreak!!!! I am not sure what you have going on there but if it was protected sex, you have very little to worry about!! Sounds like something with the condom more than anything.
ok well what about this pimple that showed up today
http://www.geocities.com/handsomestar69/pimple.jpg
does that look like something to do with herpes.
I am sorry but I am really worried and this pimple just popped out of nowhere today.

we do not look at pictures here.

If you are worried about herpes, see your provider today for proper testing.

the risk of contracting genital herpes from a one time protected encounter is very low.

grace