Herpes or not?
I haven't had sex with any guy but my ex-boyfriend 6 months ago and got tested right after where everything came back negative. I recently had sex with a new guy and 3 days after i started experiencing burning and razor burn type bumps. I wore a condom but i know that it is not 100% affective. I'm afraid that it is not just a rash and is herpes. How long should I wait to get tested? Is there any risk if I don't get tested right away?
you have to get std testing at the proper times for it to be accurate. you can get tested for gonorrhea, chlamydia, trich and ngu after 1 week after unprotected sex. syphilis is 6 weeks after any sexual contact. Herpes, hiv and hepatitis after 3 months ( hiv and hepatitis would not be a risk from protected sexual contact ).

have you been seen yet for your rash ? we'd totally be guessing as to what is going on and being seen promptly for a proper exam probably will get you better answers much faster .

grace
I got herpes from my old sexual partner and it didnt show up in the test untill 2 weeks after i had sex with him
What test do you mean? my culture test came back 2 weeks later and it was negative for both types HSV 1 & 2
unfortunately lesion cultures have a high false positive rate. be sure to follow up on your herpes igg blood testing at the proper time after your last partner. any chance that partner can seek out herpes igg blood testing and share their results with you?
he actually just got his results today from a blood test for both HSV1 and HSV2 were negative. I will definitely go in 3 months again to get retested just to make sure. Thank you so much for your insight, I'm just so confused as what this could be at this point, I am in a committed relationship now but don't want to have sex with him unless i know for a fact that I'm herpes free or not.