Herpes Community
Herpes or paranoia?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Herpes or paranoia?

I'm concerned that I might have herpes.  I had unprotected sex with a new partner 18 days ago.  It was a one-time thing.  Two or three days later I started having a burning sensation with urination, and within a few days of that I though I had developed a yeast infection.  A week after the encounter I was snowshoeing with friends and noticed some groin pain.  Two days later after biking I noticed some tingling in my groin area.  I also decided to treat the yeast infection with over the counter treatments.  Almost a week later, the infection seemed to be gone, but the tingling was still in my inner thighs and pubic area.  The next day my vulva and vagina started to swell, and hasn't stopped.  I noticed my discharge changed to yellow and had a very foul odor, almost like what a UTI smells like.  I went to my doctor yesterday and she said that it looks like wither yeast or BV, but the results aren't back yet.  I'm at 18 days after the encounter.  I have no tingling anymore and the only symptom I have now is a vaginal infection.  I have not developed any sores or lesions.  Would I have seen sores or lesions by now?  Am I just being paranoid?
since you had unprotected sex, you need to follow up with proper std testing at the proper times. if you didn't do so already at your appointment, make sure you get tested for chlamydia, gonorrhea and trich ( as well as yeast and bv of course ).  you can get tested for syphilis after 6 weeks post encounter. herpes, hiv and hepatitis after 3 months post encounter.  

since you've had no obvious lesions for the doctor to swab, follow up with the testing for herpes at the proper time.

grace
I have already tested for c and g and they were negative. Just want to know if I'm experiencing herpes symptoms. My doctor did a visual and didnt see anything of concern, and I'm negative for yeast and BV. Everything I'm reading says I should have seen an outbreak by now, so I just want to try to calm my nerves.
Does she have to wait to be intimate again with anyone else for the next three months, just to make sure that there isn't any sign of herpes? Or is she cool to have relations with people until (god-willing she doesnt) she sees signs of potential outbreak?

Sorry to hop on here, but she seems to be having some of the same concerns i do.