Herpes or something else?
So I wasn't sure in what forum to post this on. Well just about 6 months ago I found out I was HSV2 positive (i had the blood work done) My IGG was 3.08 and my IGM was negative and this was back 9/21/12. Well I figured I'd go back after a month and get retested to see if it was a false +. But that wasn't the case. I've never had an outbreak... not that I know of... that's why I am kind of writing this right now.

Before I've known about me having the virus I used to get pain (still do) on one side of my vagina lip. It hurts so bad. Sometimes it hurts when I pee (not often), if something cold (like if I sit on the toilet for instance) it will start to hurt. There isn't anything there at all... but it just hurts SO bad. I haven't really talked to my gyno about it... probably because I don't want to hear anymore bad news. It will go away in about 3 days or less but it just hurts so bad. I just recently got my prescription for Valtrex because I am in a relation with someone (who knows I have it and is okay with it) as a suppressive therapy to lower the risk of passing it on to him (and no we are not using condoms) we already know it's not 100% we just wanted to lower the risk (gyno suggested that i be put on these meds)

I also want to mention that I had shingles a year ago and the pain didn't go away and I was diagnosed with PHN and I am taken Gabapentin for that... I also think I have fibromyalgia... all over my body in certain spots are VERY painful on the skin. I have very light tone skin and I can't tan. So maybe this pain down in my vagina region is caused by that or maybe it's herpes pain? I need opinions, please and thank you.
it's most helpful when you keep adding to your original post instead of making new ones.

did you ever seek out the herpes WB to confirm your status as previously suggested?

bottom line is - you need to be seen when you  have these symptoms for a proper exam. no way to guess what is causing it.  

grace