Herpes Expert Forum
Herpes or something else

Welcome to the Herpes forum. This forum is for questions and support pertaining to herpes simplex virus infections (HSV-1 and 2) and herpes zoster (shingles) and the virus that causes it, varicella zoster virus. Questions about genital herpes are welcome both here and on the STD Forum.

Herpes or something else

Last Friday had protected sex, unprotected oral with a woman.  No visible signs of any sores on the woman.  I have no previous history with HSV or any other STD's.  Monday afternoon the mild to moderate burning sensations started in my pubic hair area.  Monday night the burning was also in my lips.  Tuesday was the worst day, most intense burning in pubic area and lips and fully expected to see sores at any moment.  Had some nausea, maybe some chills, and intermittent burning sensations in my feet and around my body on Tuesday (I was panicking and I also didn't sleep the night before so I was a total wreck freaking out about every little thing happening).  Wednesday afternoon, lip burning mostly subsided and no sores have ever appeared on my lips or pubic area.  Thursday and Friday (today) all I have is persistent burning in my pubic area.  As of today, 1 week later, I have not developed any redness, rash, sores, lesions, or anything that can be seen visually. NOTHING!

Penis has been fine throughout.  No pain, sores, or anything at all. No backache, no significant butt or leg pain, or headache.  The only thing that is lasting is the pubic area burning.

I've put a variety of creams like Monastat and Lanacane on my pubic area a couple times but they didn't really help.  Just started using Lotrimin AF yesterday to combat any fungal issues.

Were the short burning sensations around my body on Tuesday an indicator of Herpes?   Is the persistent burning in my pubic area a prodromal symptom of Herpes and its still possible I develop sores even after 5 days?

I have no visual signs of anything so I hesitate going to a doctor.  I'm too early for any reliable test.   What can I do for the burning?

Lastly, my tongue is fairly white and furry.  Its far from the pictures on the internet about Thrush but it does look like maybe a mild case.  I noticed it the most on Tuesday and seems to be getting a little better or about the same.  

Your advice is truly appreciated.
I doubt that your symptoms have anything to do with herpes.  I would have expected breaks in the skin/sores to develop somewhere if this was first infection herpes.  I can't really suggest anything for the burning since I don't know what is causing it.  Clearly if you develop sores, you should have someone check them out right away.  

Not sure about your tongue.  You are checking everything very carefully right now, are you sure your tongue looks different than it did before?

Again, doesn't sound herpetic to me.

Terri
Update:  Its been just over two weeks now and 2nd doctor finally figured out it was fungal.  I think I got it from an old towel.  Wiped it across my mouth and then genitals to dry off.  That explains the burning on my lips, thick tongue, fever, and nausea for a day.  The burning in my groin was jock itch as it began to show up and spread after a week or so.  Lotrimin AF for 5 solid days and I finally feel like I've rounded the corner.  Wish I stuck with the Lotrimin earlier on in the process.  The internet can be a scary place when you google, "burning in groin area".  Thanks for your help.  

I'm glad this has had a good outcome for you.

Terri