Herpes pain everyday.....
About 6 months ago I was diagnosed with genital herpes.  I have only ever had one blister, not painful at all but I have non stop pain :(.  If my vulva isn't swollen then I'm itchy.  If I'm not itchy my bladder is irritated, if not that then I get a feeling as if something is crawling on me.  Other symptoms are groin lymph nodes get swollen, bad abdominal cramps, my lower back aches, my wrists and hands are sore 90% of the time, sometimes my anus get sore or itchy.  Right before I ovulate or get my period every symptom gets worse.  In the six months I have had this I might get about a few days a month pain free.  I had sex a few times when I first discovered I had this I would get extremely swollen after, once it lasted an entire week.  I try to stick to natural therapies for everything so at first I tried naturally boosting my immune system, Vit C, Vit D, grapefruit seed extract, black walnut hull, garlic, olive leaf, Sepia takes the pain away sometimes.  Now I have been on Valtrex for almost two months and that isn't even working.
I am wondering if anyone out there is experiencing anything similar?  If so, please help!!  I am getting very depressed and am losing hope.  I don't know what else to do.  At this point I feel like I will be in pain and alone forever.  Please, any suggestions!!
how were you originally diagnosed as having hsv2?

are you being seen monthly by your gyn for exams and testing for yeast and bacterial infections vaginally and such?

grace
Hello Grace,
I was first diagnosed by a clinic dr.  I was having all of the first time symptoms and when I was there explaining to him he said that he didn't think it was GH.  Once I told him that the guy I was with eventually told me he had it, he decided to do a visual exam.  At that time he didn't see any blisters so gave me blood work and sent me off with a prescription for yeast infection.  I finished my meds which didn't help. For the first few months I was trying natural therapies/remedies as I was unaware of the severity HSV could cause.  From everything I have read you basically get blisters.  Anyway,  I saw my family Dr a couple months ago and he didn't seem to worry.  He gave me Valtrex, 2 500mg per day.  That didn't touch my symptoms.  I am now in 4 500mg per day which again doesn't seem to be doing anything.  I have an appointment with him next week so I will suggest looking for bacterial infections.  I mean, at this point I will try anything but I doubt it would have much to do with yeast or bacteria.  ANd I only say that because my symptoms are like clock work.  About 10 days before I ovulate I get abdominal cramps, a UTI feeling, itchy, white discharge etc.  All of that will last for a few days then I get a little swollen for a few days.  Then I ovulate.  Once I am done ovulating I feel great for 1.5 days at most, then the exact same cycle starts all over again. :(.
When I see my doc next week I will ask him about taking a swab and checking for bacteria etc.  I was also going to see about going on the pill.  I seems to me that maybe my hormones are out of wack??  About 4 months ago I did have some blood work done (from a different doc) and he said that my hormone levels seem to be fine.
Any other suggestions!?!
I will gladly take a look at your blood test results if you want to post them here. that way we can be sure that you were properly tested and see if you need any further confirmatory testing done. all you have to post are the actual numeric results - e.g. hsv1 igg 7.9 and hsv2 igg 3.2 or whatever they are.

you need to be seen monthly by a gyn at this point. your symptoms don't sound at all like they are herpes related. even if you never treat hsv2, it doesn't cause symptoms like this. you should be having an ultrasound done as well as a lot of other testing too.

best of luck and stop back and let us know how it all goes :)

Thank you Grace!  I will see about getting the blood results from the clinic doc.  I also was tested for other STD's, including HIV.  Again, when I was first diagnosed I was getting night sweats and my cervical glands were swollen, that went on for a month or two.  I was negative for all other STD's.  Do you have another thoughts as to what this could be?  Are there anyother posts similar to mine?