Herpes Community
Herpes possible infection?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Herpes possible infection?

So on july 14 i received unprotected oral sex from a stripper in mexicali mexico and some frottage with her panties on and some kissing and sucking of her breast. My real concern was hiv at first. But i tested for hiv and std's at 33 days post exposure with negative results for hiv by an oralquick and also a standard test also negative for gonorrea, syphilis, chylamdia and others not really thinking right now. But i didnt take a herpes test. Now i have no knowledge about herpes and i dont want to start looking at the internet cause i know ill freak out. I had fever on july 17 for about 5-6 days also constant need to urinate. Then on the 26 of july my tonsels swelled up pretty bad and my neck was hurting alot on the right side. My tongue was white at the back with some little pimples. I also have been having pin and needle feeling all over my body. Lately they have been occuring more on my lower back they come & go. Nothing has appeared on my penis or around it. Nothing on my face or mouth and on my anal area nothing as well. Well i havent checked but i am sure i dont have anything there. I have been very relaxed since my results were negative for almost everything. I havent been stressing or been anxious. I have always had problems with back acne. This tuesday though i really examined it and it was really bad all over my upper and middle back and the pimples were really red. What are my chances of having herpes? Was my risk high or low? The stripper i had no idea what she had (as in diseases)  and she had a tongue ring. I was extremely drunk. What are symptoms of herpes? Do mine sound like herpes? How long do symptoms take to show? How long do they last? I am joining the air force soon and i just want my mind to be cleared before i head out to training. Tomorrow will be 6 weeks after my exposure. How accurate is a 6 weeks herpes test? Do you guys think i have herpes? My clinic doesnt offer that test or im not entirely sure. I do want to test asap though and i dont really want to wait another 6 more weeks ill be gone by then.Few questions left if someone does have herpes how long does it take to show positive on a test?. If i do have herpes it will show positive right now right? Today i woke p with a slight fever and a stuffy nose and i am worried. Sorry for all the questions i jusy have absolutely no knowledge on herpes and i am gonna stay of google. Please help. Thanks
Also my tonsels are kind of swelled right now & my nose is still runny and i have a slight fever very low one. My tonsels dont always swell up but when they do they get pretty big & stick around for some time they havent been swollen since july 26 & also i was suppose to have them removed when i was a kid. Can someone plz answer my questions up above. Please
it sounds like you caught an upper respiratory infection, not a std.  did you ever go for a strep test on your throat?

have you ever been tested for herpes before to know your status? can you recall ever having had a cold sore?

is it likely you contracted herpes from this encounter? no it is not.  if you had, you would've had very obvious and painful lesions long before now.  you've covered your std testing bases . time to move forward from this and learn from it - only protected oral sex and don't go to a strip joint if drinking !

grace
No i havent gone for that test. And i should right?
This was my second sexual encounter, i had a gf and we were both virgins we had protected sex all the time and there isnt any way she had any diseases or myself.
And no i dont ever recall having a cold sore.
So i shouldnt test at all then?
It has been exactly 6 weeks since the event. I shouldnt worry right? Because those lesions would have shown up long time ago as you said. I just want to be certain i am clean and this is the only test i am missing. I cant test right now? Would you test in my situation?
And believe me i have learned alot from this encounter turned my life around. Thanks grace in advance for all the knowledge.
Add to that where do the lesions appear?
1 out of every 2-3 people you know has hsv1 orally and most folks don't get obvious cold sores to know that they are infected. getting tested to see what your status is helpful.

correct, if you haven't had symptoms in  6 weeks, I'd count yourself lucky and learn from it .
I never knew that thanks for the info. Just these last questions left & ill move along. Back pain isnt a symptom right? Cause i get lower back pain out of no where sometimes but its very rare. And when i make not very common movements with my back for example twisting and left & right movements & also bending down it hurts also a burning sensation on my lower back comes & goes. Should i be concerned?
3rd. How is it transmitted the most?
Last questions, if i test sometime this coming week, can that test be a good indication of  my status, and what is the percentage of it will be correct? Will i need to test at 3 months to confirm?
Thank you grace i really appreciate your help & knowledge.
just back pain and no obvious lesions isn't herpes related.

you can test now just to get an idea of your general herpes status.  since you've had no symptoms, no reason to think you contracted herpes from this encounter to wait.
That's not at all true! Some people have little to no symtoms (symptoms) at all for years! Better to get tested and be sure than to risk spreading it to loved ones.
with hsv1 genitally, most people do typically present with very obvious symptoms hence why I said what I did. please do not scare people needlessly!!

grace