Herpes Expert Forum
Herpes possible risk

Welcome to the Herpes forum. This forum is for questions and support pertaining to herpes simplex virus infections (HSV-1 and 2) and herpes zoster (shingles) and the virus that causes it, varicella zoster virus. Questions about genital herpes are welcome both here and on the STD Forum.

Herpes possible risk
Hi,  I am a male. I recently went to a strip club with my friends. I had a private lab dance with my pants off, but i had my boxer on. the lab dance lasted for 15 minutes. She was grinding on me the whole time. The girl was also naked . I assume that this is no risk for hiv or any other  stds after reading on other forums. My questions was: Can i contract herpes from that ? Do i need to get tested for herpes? Also, can i resume having sex with my girlfriend with no risk to her?  Can you also explain to me why i can or can not contract herpes from that incident to educate myself on how herpes transmit?
Thank you very much
If you had your boxers on the entire time, I see no risk for you getting herpes.  Period.  Herpes requires skin to skin contact for transmission and you didn't have that.  I would NOT suggest that you get tested for herpes due to this contact.  There was a fabric barrier between you and the lap dancer..  

Terri
Thank you for your response. I have another question : does herpes only affect the genital and the mouth or can it transmit on other parts of the body such as stomach, thighs, legs if they come in contact with the infected person genitals?
Thank you
Also, Can i be 100% sure that i didn't contract herpes or any other STDS and resume having sex with my girlfriend, just for peace of mind?
Thank you very much
Thank you for your response. I have another question : does herpes only affect the genital and the mouth or can it transmit on other parts of the body such as stomach, thighs, legs if they come in contact with the infected person genitals? because i was worried i might have contracted it on m thighs since they were not fully covered by my underwear. Also, Can i be 100% sure that i didn't contract herpes or any other STDS from that contact and resume having sex with my girlfriend, just for peace of mind?
Thank you very much
I obviously can't speak to whether or not you had herpes or any other STD before this encounter, but I see no risk of acquiring an STD from this encounter.  

Terri
Thanks a lot for your response. I have had only one partner my whole life, but this encounter worried me a little as i didn't want to pass anything to my partner. Thanks again
Regards,
Defooo
YOu're welcome

Terri