Herpes Community
Herpes result confusion.

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Herpes result confusion.

I've read dozens of other questions of the same variety on here and wound up more confused than before. I'll go ahead and put my result #'s up and hopefully someone can shine the light so even a dummy like me can understand. First test was approx one month after contraction date. Second retest was 7 weeks after first test. I've experienced no symptoms as per what I've read on the net. I do have some bouts of doctor diagnosed epidermidis in the head of my penis. This sems to come and go with drier weather and or whether my water softener is recharged or not. No cold sores, no lesions of any type on or near my genital area. My wife is 7 mos pregnant and we are abstaining from any contact until we both understand these results. The doctor office is as clear as mud when explaining it to me. I'd appreciate any and all help I can get on this matter. Thanks you for your time.
Avatar n tn
oops forgot to add the results. These are the most recent ones done last week.
HSV AB IGG TYPE 1  1.17 ISR  0.00-0.90  

HSV AB IGG TYPE 2  <0.91 ISR  0.00-0.90  

These are the first ones done in Feb.

HSV AB IGG TYPE 1  <0.91 ISR  0.00-0.90  

HSV AB IGG TYPE 2  <0.91 ISR  0.00-0.90  
You don't have either type.