Herpes results could it be a false positive
these are my results
HSV 1 IgG antibodies >5.00 Positive
HSV 2 IgG antibodies<0.90  Negative

HSV 1 igM antibodies <0.80 Negative
HSV 2 IgM antibodies 1.41 Positive
Is it posible that my results is a false positive?  
HSV 2 IGM ANTIBODIES IFA     WEAKLY DETECTED  REFERENCE RANGE- NOT DECTECTED
I removed your other post since it was the same as this one. Please be sure to read our read before posting post located under the important announcements tab on the forum - thanks!

The herpes igm test is a greatly flawed test and should've never been drawn on you. You really can't ascertain anything from the results of an igm test for herpes.  

why did you get tested in the first place?

grace

i got tested because i have been with my first and only boyfriend for four years and we never used protection. the reason i got tested was because he was cheating on me all for  two years and i didn't find out until last month and i decided to get testes for HIV and any other stds. my doctor said that i have herpes and put me on acyclovir for five days and told me come back on Thursday.  he said that i needs to go back for a test in three weeks time.
what my doctor also told me is that for the igg test it meant i had herpes HSV1 in the past but now it is negative, and he also said that my HSV 2 antibodies is at 1.4 at present meaning that i have the HSV 2 infection.