Herpes Expert Forum
Herpes risk - lap dance

Welcome to the Herpes forum. This forum is for questions and support pertaining to herpes simplex virus infections (HSV-1 and 2) and herpes zoster (shingles) and the virus that causes it, varicella zoster virus. Questions about genital herpes are welcome both here and on the STD Forum.

Herpes risk - lap dance

I am having major anxiety over an incident.  On 12/1/12 I went to a strip club and received a lap dance.  For about 3-6 minutes (maybe more) my penis was exposed through the zipper of my jeans.  The stripper grinded on my bare penis until I ejaculated.  The stripper never took her g-string off.  My penis may have touched her g-string/genital  area but I am not sure (intoxicated).  I believe mainly her butt/back of thigh was touching my bare penis.  There was no vaginal/anal penetration.

My concern is that I may be at risk for herpes.  I constantly check my penis looking for something but as of today (11 days post incident) I have not seen any blisters/lesions.  I thought there was redness on my shaft but it may have been from me examining it.  

Any advice will be appreciated

I think your experience presents virtually no risk for getting genital herpes if there was no direct contact between your penis and her genitals.  Thighs and buttocks, without an outbreak, present no risk for transmission as virus is not shed from those areas with intact skin.  

I would encourage you to quit checking your penis so often.  You're right, it only can cause irritation.

I know you are scared, but I really don't think there is risk of an STD here.

Terri
Thank You for your response...it has helped with my anxiety over the issue.  Since I am certain that her g-string was on during the encounter and I did not have direct contact with her genitals I am reassured by that.

I did not notice visable signs of an outbreak on her thighs/buttocks but I was very intoxicated and it was dark.  So I guess my concern is that if by chance she did have herpes and was having an outbreak in those areas when would I present with symptoms?  If I have not developed any blisters/lesions on my penis by this point (12 days post incident) should I feel confident that I am safe?

Thank you in advance for you assitance.
Most initial outbreaks, if an outbreak is to occur, happens within 2 to 10 days with a few exceptions.  I think you are in pretty good shape now, yes.

Terri