Herpes Community
Herpes risk

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Herpes risk

I received a lap dance during which the stipper french kissed me. What is the risk of STD's with this encounter especially herpes?
I have a 2 month old baby at home, should I stay away from the baby for now?
Is any testing required?
I appreciate your help.
RR
If you're worried about it I would think the only way it can be spread is by your mucousal membranes. I'm not a professional but feel for the baby not getting attention. So i wanted to post and tell you you probably would not be able to spread anything unless you directley touched your lips to an area on the baby that it can be transmitted. I do know there is a slight chance of it being passed through the babys skin since it is so thin. although at 2 mos. this may not b the case. so i just wouldnt kiss him and use good hand hygene...dont touch ur lips with your fingers
Thank You for your comment. Very helpful. Any comments on the risks of other std's and the possibility of herpes.
appreciate your help.
if the girl had nothing that looked like a cold sore then you are probably just over reacting is really all i can think of. i know from reading up on this stuff that u should get symptoms somewhere around 1day after to like a month. but not positive, i gave hsv2 to my baby during delivery and never knew i had it till he got sick. i know in babys u have to watch for sleepyness, trouble arousing, less eating, confusion(like not looking at u when u talk to them), and uncontrollable crying are somethings. my son also turned blue is what gave me the que something was wrong.
kissing is not a risk for std's. cold, flu germs and oral herpes yes but not std's.

grace
thank you both for your comments.
Grace do you know of by when oral herpes symptoms could manifest if it does. I know it can be asymptomatic but if it does manifest what is the most likely time period.
I was tested negative for hsv1 and 2 antibody in the past.
2-20 days after infection you'd have cold sores if you were going to get them.