Herpes Expert Forum
Herpes scare - should I get tested?

Welcome to the Herpes forum. This forum is for questions and support pertaining to herpes simplex virus infections (HSV-1 and 2) and herpes zoster (shingles) and the virus that causes it, varicella zoster virus. Questions about genital herpes are welcome both here and on the STD Forum.

Herpes scare - should I get tested?

Last monday I made the stupidest decision of my life and slept with a csw. We had a 15 min fling of which most of the time she give me a BJ. We used a latex condom during the entire act and it was intact when we stopped. The only time we had intercourse was when she was riding on me. She didn't had any visible lesion and from what I saw and read in other post, it doesn't mean the virus cannot be transmitted. Although she did told me that she didn't had any kind of disease, not even herpes. Well though I shouldn't believe it.

I have never had sex in the past and this was the first time I did it. This happened after I broke off from a relationship of about 6 months.

In last couple of days I did develop a bump on my inner thigh. Its not painful and but still it is worrying me. Likely its because of stress and lack of sleep I had in past 3 days.

I just want to ***** my risk and understand what testing I can undergo to be sure that I didn't pick up any STD's.

Also, the girl with whom I broke up came back and I'm think of going back to dating her again. If we do decide to get physical how long should I wait for it?

I just feel I ruined a perfect life I was enjoying just for some pleasure.

Please help.
Your lesion definitely looks like a pimple.  I have no concerns that this is herpes.  None.

Your experience has no risk for things like gonorrhea and chlamydia because our condom stayed intact.  And you have very limited risk of acquiring herpes for the same reason.

It was good that you used a condom for the oral sex.  That reduces your risk as well.  You did not ruin your life.  You did not ruin your chances of getting back together with your previous partner.  

I probably wouldn't even recommend testing for you at this point.  Your bump probably has nothing at all to do with herpes.  If you want to test for herpes, you need to wait 4 months for accurate testing.

Terri
Get tested. Its always better to be safe than sorry. They can do a swab of the legion to test for herpes, though sometimes this may result in a false negative. If you have any flu like symptoms along with the sore it may be herpes. Most likely its not considering you wore protection, but you really don't want to risk infecting those you love.
No I haven't seen any flu like symptoms. The bump I have is a very small one, not painful at all. Even If I press it, it doesn't hurt. There is a small white dot like thing developed a top of bump. This is likely caused by Jean rubbing as I walk a lot in my day to day work. Apart from it there are no symptoms.

I was also travelling since 10 days so eating outside most of the time. May be that can also contribute to it since I have developed similar bumps many times in past few years.

It doesn't look like the lesions I saw all over internet. Anyways, I think its definitely a good idea to visit a doctor and get it confirmed.

May be I'm just worrying a lot. Currently I'm thinking of getting blood test after 4 weeks.
Well

Here is the image of the bump like thing I have developed. Since today is friday I couldn't get an appointment to see a doctor. But I will definitely see the doctor on Monday.

http://tinypic.com/r/de5ver/6

Let me know if this is close to a herpes lesion. I'm currently scared to death. I come from east asian descent and an STD like HSV 2 will be the end of my dating life. As no women would be interested in dating me.
I think I need stop worrying. May be I would be lucky and I don't have herpes.

I saw some useful information here. http://www.happy-with-herpes.com/what-do-herpes-sores-look-like.html

and my lesion does look like a pimple. So may be I'm safe.

Again An answer from the expert would be more than welcome. At least it will help me a lot in calming myself down.
Hi Terri,

Thanks a lot for your reply. It was reassuring. It helps a lot for calming me down.

I also think I'm safe because the CSW was insistent on using condom and secondly she hadn't revealed her face on the AD she posted on. Which made me believe she cared about her health and herself.

I was thinking of getting tested after 4 weeks and than again at 6 month period. are there any chances of getting in-appropriate results at 4 week period? or I should go for it. It will put to rest my worries and I can freely go back to dating the girl I have loved for past 6 months. It just a stupid fight ended things.

Thanks.
Again, I'm not at all clear that testing is needed for your situation.  A test at 4 weeks may or may not be accurate.

Terri