Herpes Community
Herpes simplex or Herpes zoster? please help
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Herpes simplex or Herpes zoster? please help

is it shingles or herpes?Hi I have recurrent blisters on my upper left thight and upper right buttock. I first happend after I took steroids for treatment of Bells Palsy about 4 years ago. Ever since then I keep getting blisters which start of as a burning/itching sensation. Usually within a day of these symptoms i get some small vesicles appearing in a small cluster, by 24 hours these have usually doubled in size (about size of 1 or 2 50 pence piece) and mereged to create a large blister which is very very painful and causes the lymph node in my groin to enlarge. This has happened on more than 12 occasions over the last 4 years and always occurs at the same site, but some times alternates between the thigh and buttock. I have a anti-viral tables and creams which has not made a difference, I have had it swabed and the results revealed herpes simplex. But i'm not sure that the blister follows the same characteristic as herpes simplex, more so of herpes zoster. I'd be very greatful if you could help me to find a proper diagnosis and treatment to stop reaccurance. (ps. i have noticed that they do tend to appear before or after a cold/flu or when i feel generally run down or anaemic).