Herpes Community
Herpes?! single sore appearing more like a crater or hole (set into ski...

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Herpes?! single sore appearing more like a crater or hole (set into skin rather than on the skin)

I keep getting mixed answers when I try to google the question. It seems some people say YES herpes of the genitals can appear as a crater and then I see a lot that says herpes is on the surface on an inflamed base. I am just curious what a sore whether it be caused by strain 1 or 2 on the genitals would look like. I have had a bump appear in the exact same spot 2 times (7 months prior to this new one). I didnt even see the bump, I had shaved about 2 days prior and had a little stubble coming back in... I went to the restroom. I wiped and as I wiped I felt the bump almost on my pubic bone area, in the peak on the inner labia where the vaginal lips part (think an upside down V where the point is), it felt about pea sized at first and it was really hard to see at first, so it made me think it was beneath the skin. after playing inspector gadget and pulling on the skin the area did get redder and the bump was slightly larger. I was dumb and googled ingrown hairs and saw a lot of people attempt to pop the bump, so i was dumb (which i greatly emphasize) and squeezed it after a shower. When I did that a clearish to yellow oily liquid came out, very small amount, no blood, no pus. After that it seemed to cause a break in the bump in multiple spots, it then did turn into what resembled either herpes or possible folliculitis. I looked both pics up and they look very similar. After that it did appear to have a whitish cover, similar to  vesicles, those went away and I wouldnt say they erupted, there was no ooze and yes it looked wet but like any open wound it will have a wet look to it. (when i was younger i fell and ripped part of the skin off my palm, it too had a wet look to it) When I look up herpes photos the outbreaks appear to be above skin level , this bump did not, it appeared to be more like a hole in the skin and now as it heals, the raw area seems to be coming up to skin level. This is maybe 1-2mm. There has been no crusting or real oozing. The only real discomfort I have is when I initially sit down like the skin is being pulled in the wrong way or a ripping feeling is the best way to describe it. No burning, not even during urination  . This is all very disturbing to me because I did have a culture done on the previous bump, they actually popped or broke the cover and got a large sample of fluid, the result was negative. The nurse said it did not look like a typical outbreak and that the sample was adequate.  I was so happy and now I am scared all over again. When the first bump appeared i had not been sexually active for over 3 months and it too was after I had shaved and had a little regrowth coming in( this area never really feels smooth as I would like after shaving so it is fair to say I usually give it a coupld extra brushes with the razor than other areas), it was the same spot and only one bump. I really doubt it was from my former long term boyfriend that I had split from prior to the first bump, the only other intercourse I had if you can call it that was about 1 year before the first bump and I was not a willing participant. I had someone rape me while I was passed out at a party (I have since quit drinking) Any thoughts on this?
Tags: Herpes, sore
HSV-1 and HSV-2 initially present the same way on the genitals. No difference - a test has to distinguish and diagnose herpes.

I didn't read your whole post, only because ultimately you would need to be checked out by your medical provider and tested - for herpes and all STDs.