Herpes Community
Herpes sore on my areola?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Herpes sore on my areola?

I have never had a herpes outbreak.  Don't know much about it at all.  I developed a sore that resembles a cold sore on my left areola.  Went to the dr they are doing a culture.  Could this be herpes?  If so which kind.  I just married for the second time and he is confused as I am as well.  Where did this come from all of the sudden?
I don't think that this is herpes basically because herpes don't appear on this part of the body. Another thing it could be something else you could of irritated your areola by using something you bath or wash in. It could also be something you ate or your clothes some kinds of material can cause reactions. You are far from herpes in your case.
Nothing trying to disagree with tedabell.  But yes herpes can infect this part of the body.  Though it is uncommon. it can happen.  

At this point if it is herpes chances are it is HSV-1.  HSV-2 would be rare in the oral aea.  
Hi it's okay to disagree with me but I'm not sure an outbreak can present itself on the areola. However herpes does take place from skin to skin contact with an infected partner. To some degree you have a point about herpes presenting itself in that area. Maybe someone had a cold sore on their mouth and transmitted the virus to the areola could that be possible. Or maybe I'm not clear on this area.
You are incorrect.  The virus can infect any other part of the body that has a nerve.  Regardless this poster could have a blister in this location.  

Yes if her partner had a cold sore present or was shedding the virus at the time it could have caused this sore.  But at this time unless the swab comes back there is no proof it is or is not.  

In the future tedabell if you are unsure of an answer no need to respond to the poster of what this could or could not be.  It causes confusion amogst posters on whom to believe and what steps to take.  
Alright I received your post and I will not mislead anyone if I am not sure.
yes you can have herpes on the nipple. typically it occurs from breast feeding babies who contract oral hsv1 and transmit it to mom during breast feeding but it can occur from your partner sucking on your nipples.

at this point wait for your culture results to come back. Regardless of their result, both you and your partner should consider getting type specific herpes igg blood testing to cover your bases to see if herpes is an issue in your relationship or not. Odds are that neither of you have ever been tested for herpes to know your status prior to this so it's good to see who has what at this point. Odds are at least one of you has hsv1 . You can't make educated decisions about precautions in general until you know who has what.

grace
Hi grace I want to know if I stop taking my suppressive theraphy for genital herpes outbreaks What is the likelihood that I would get an outbreak although it tends to vary would you be able to tell me the time frame I can expect to see or outbreak. The reason why I am asking is because I spoke to an LPN about my condition and I asked her some questions about HSV1 and HSV 2 we talked about transmission and all. I had a question about suppressive theraphy that I take everyday and has been taking for the past 5 months. I wanted to know if I stop the medication do your outbreaks start all over again as if you were not taking the medication to began with.Is it true that your levels of HSV2 start to flare up. I was told by the LPN to discontinue your acyclovir and see how often you get an outbreak she said that I would only get one during my period sometimes I do. But I don't want to discontinue the medication at this time because I started out with outbreaks every couple of weeks to twice a month and I don't want that to happen again. However grace my LPn told me that she has Herpes her type is HSV1 and she's not on any meds and she only get an outbreak when her period is almost due. Is it true grace that the reason why our outbreaks are different is because we both have different types. Is it true that Hsv1 produce lesser symptoms than Hsv2.
please ask any questions about your own situation in your own post you have going on on the forum. hijacking others posts is against forum rules. thank you.

grace