Herpes Expert Forum
Herpes symptoms and testing period?

Welcome to the Herpes forum. This forum is for questions and support pertaining to herpes simplex virus infections (HSV-1 and 2) and herpes zoster (shingles) and the virus that causes it, varicella zoster virus. Questions about genital herpes are welcome both here and on the STD Forum.

Herpes symptoms and testing period?
Good afternoon, 6 months ago I had sex with a high risk partner. I contracted chlmydia and gohonrreha and was treated for both. About eight weeks later I had return symptoms of my penis tip being very sensitive, lower back pain light clear discharge and testicle pain. I went to a local clinic and was tested for all STDs and everything came back negative. The Dr suggested it might be epiditimytis. After a few rounds of antibiotics the pain subsided. A few days ago the pain returned. First it started with the testicles, then the pack pain and now a burning type feeling on my penis head. I have never had any sores though. Two questions, do these sound like herpes symptoms? How accurate were my herpes test results after 8 weeks? The doc seemed to think they were pretty conclusive however Internet research seems to suggest longer.

Thank you for your assistance.
The symptoms that you are describing are not consistently with herpes, no.  They are consistent with persistent urethritis, however.  What antibiotics have you taken?  The duration?  

The herpes test that you had done at 8 weeks post encounter is probably 75% accurate at that time - that is, there is a 75% chance your test results will continue to be negative.

Let me know the answers to my questions, and perhaps I can help you more.

Terri
I don't know why the little icon is showing me as female. I'm assuming the discription above let's you know I am make.
I do.

Terri