Herpes Community
Herpes symptoms in less than 48 hours?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Herpes symptoms in less than 48 hours?

I know this has been asked before, but I wanted to detail my particular situation.  I went on a first date with a woman and made the mistake of rubbing my penis in between her buttocks without protection.  I didn't really come close to her anus, nor do I think I made contact with her vagina.  She is the only person I have been with sexually.

However, now (after 48 hours) I am having an excess amount of phlegmn in my throat and it is slightly sore.  I also feel like I have a higher urgency to pee and a tingling sensation in my groin region.

Is it possible for symptoms to come on this fast for Herpes HSV-2?  I don't know if she was infected, and she claims that she is clean (of course).  

Could this all be just my anxiety?
your symptoms are of a cold, not a std.

this was incredibly low risk. no reason to think you contracted herpes from this.

grace
Thanks for your response.  The only reason I have concerna is that one of my lymph nodea under my jaw is really swollen and I have seen on some sites that it can be an early symptom.  I will try not to worry...it does make me feel better to know it was lo risk.  Thanks!