Herpes Community
Herpes test IGG/IMG

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Herpes test IGG/IMG

I recently was tested for herpes and had a positive IGM test but negative IGG tests. My doctor says my body's response to the virus might not register on the IGG tests for about a year and I should retest in one month to figure out if I have type I or II. (I should note no sex for the past 6 months, so it's been that long since any possible II infection at least.)

IGG test results:
Type I 0.30
Type II 0.11

I'm reading IGMs are unreliable, but my doc assures me one or both of the IGGs will eventually test positive. I trust the doc, I'm just hanging onto hope I guess. What are the chances of positive IGMs being off? Do the numbers of my IGGs mean that the antibodies are beginning to build up?
the igm test should never be used to diagnose herpes. Please check out our "everything you wanted to know about herpes but were afraid to ask" healthpage here on medhelp for additional reading.

You haven't had sex in 6 months so you do not have herpes.  No reason to wait and repeat the test - you've waited more than long enough.  Your provider needs to learn more about  herpes testing :(

grace