Herpes Community
Herpes through Underwear?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Herpes through Underwear?

I was with a girl last week...we did not have sex.  She told me she had GH, but I could not get it unless she had a breakout.  I told her I preferred to not have sex yet, so I left my underwear on while we made out.  There was no intercourse and very little skin on skin touching around the groin area.  The only area we had skin on skin was our chests and legs.  

The next day we made out again, this time she had her panties and full waist nylons on and I was naked.  No skin on skin, no intercourse.  

Two days later, I started itching and felt minor burning in the groin.  It's been 6 days and I haven't had any breakouts, but I have minor reddeness or pink around the opening of the penis.  I don't know if it's always been pink, I don't know if this is in my mind that I am nervous of getting it?

In your opinion, is it possible I could have contracted GH through our clothing or bare legs rubbing or chest touching?  What should I do?  Should I buy medication?  I was told tests won't show for 3-4 weeks.  I am really scared.  There is so much inconsistency in what I read online on how this spreads.  

Any advice or input would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you for your time.  I look forward to your response.  

Best wishes.
you weren't at any risk for genital herpes.  

grace
Thank you for the quick response Grace.  I've noticed a rash, burning behind my scrotum and bottom.  Are you confident this couldn't be GH?  I talked with my girlfriend and she thought maybe it is Jock Itch? I don't have any itching around the groin, but sometimes my thighs and stomach feeling a little itchy.  I bought Lohtrim cream put it on last night and this morning.  Not sure if it takes time for it go away?  

My only other question is if she touched her vagina with her hand and then my penis, is there any risk of contracting GH?  I'm not sure that happened...just wondering in case she did.  

Thanks again for your patience and understanding and great responses.  You are a big help.  I will look for your response....Best wishes.
usually this is jock itch. you have no reason to think you contracted herpes from this partner. see your provider and get a proper diagnosis so you can stop worrying!!
Thanks Grace.  I scheduled an appointment with my doctor but his next opening isn't until the 14th.  Uggh.  

I just noticed this morning I have what looks like a pimple at the top of the base of my penis.  I don't know if it's from the cream or something else.  I am trying not to worry...not sure what else to do but wait.  It's too early for testing, and I can't get in to see my Dr. for 2 weeks.  Any other thoughts or suggestions?  Thank you again for your time.  I know you have a lot to respond to...I really appreciate it.
Dude, I just typed this long response and it didn't post...they said it wasn't saved.  Grr.

Anyway..long story short.  Two doctors confirmed I don't have Herpes.

I am seeing great improvement with the lastest treatment.  Here it is:

1. Use Medicated Gold Bond Extra (green bottle) in morning.  Put it on irritated area...it will feel really weird and may scare the hello out of you...it has menthol which gives a cooling Bengay feeling.  It lasts for five min and done.  

2.  Take AZO Yeast Pills 2-3 times per day. You can buy at Target for $5.  

3.  Use Lotrium as needed at night.  

Through all my experimenting...I think the key ingredient is Zinc.  The Gold Bond has it and is working great.  Prior to that I used Butt Paste...I know...used on babies for diaper rash. Drug store has it for $4.  It has 40% zinc.  Helped a lot too before I switched to the Gold Bond.  GB is the best in my opinion.  

I switched to the cotton briefs...the boxers allowed too much movement and irritation.

Sorry for the shortness...but I am doing much better.  Feel free to contact me for more info and suggestions.  I'd be happy to compare notes on what I've tried and did not work.  I think I've done it all.  Insane...and very tiring.  

Hope this helps bud.  Best wishes.