Herpes through cups
I have a question I went to a party the other night,,  .. a male friend ordered the same alcohol drinks in two different glasses.. i got distracted by talking to another friend and as i return to my drink i totally forgot which glass was mine.. i started to drink and moved on.. that same night i had sex with my girlfriend and i used some of my saliva for lubrication on my penis.. Is it possible to get oral herpes from my friend's glass and getting genital herpes from my saliva transmitting.. please someone reply
if it were that easy to catch literally everyone would have genital herpes and there would be no stigma.
Hey what oral herpes in this situration?
you know the saying, "no question is a stupid question"  this does not apply here. Are you kidding? There is no way you can get genital herpes in the way you described. .
you were not at risk for herpes from this. the common cold and flu perhaps but usually alcohol kills that too.

as an adult - oral herpes is almost exclusively transmitted through romantic type kisses. statistically 1 out of every 2-3 people you know has it. it's incredibly common and you might even have it yourself even if you can't recall ever having had a cold sore.

grace
Thanks grace for being informative to my question. I got tested earlier in the year for herpes and rest of stds.. and the results were negative... but now i notice i have a slight headace and something that looks like a sore on the corner of my mouth,,,.
so sharing drinks as an adult is low risk?
Thanks .. for infor
if you are concerned about your lip symptoms, be seen today or tomorrow for a lesion culture. even the best blood tests still miss 1 out of every 10 hsv1 infections but a lesion culture would pick up on it if done promptly.

grace