Herpes Community
Herpes transition through foreplay

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Herpes transition through foreplay

Here goes .. I am a female diagnosed with hsv2 around three years ago .. Since then I have had frequent but very mild outbreaks some of which I hardly notice ..

I am in a relationship with a non HSv male

I am normally very careful of not engaging in sexual activity if I am aware of any outbreaks , but on Saturday evening me and my boyfriend were under the influence of alcohol and we engaged in some foreplay .. Him touching me for a few minutes .. And maybe putting his penis next to my vagina .. I also performed oral on him ..

The next morning I woke to find a lesion .. Much more severe than the ones I usually get ( normally just a tingle / red area that lasts a few days )

Now I am terrified u have pased this onto him through seconds of contact .. Or by him touching himself after he touched me down below ..

He is fully aware of my hsv2 and I know ppl are going to say it was his choice but I would really like to know the odds of transmitting the virus and I have been very careful not to do So

Any help would be helpful

it's low risk of transmission to him from this.

have you considered daily suppressive therapy?

grace
Bump   I'm really worried here and would appreciate any responses thanks
Oh sorry dust see your answer .. Thanks for your response ..

I have considered it but I'm not a big fan of taking medication .. I think after this episode I may look into it further x
suppressive therapy would mean less recurrences so less disruptions to your sex life as well as it cuts the risk of transmission to a partner by half.   well worth thinking about.  
So even tho I was having an outbreak at the time the risk is low ?  I have been frantically researching and the answers are sort of confusing some ppl say its a very high chance he will have been infected and the lesions are very contagious even with no penetration ,  My lesions are not  painful and I'm taking it worse case scenario here that there was a lesion present at the time of the foreplay ..
odds are some of the forums you've been on, don't have actual medically trained people responding.    odds really are that he didn't contract hsv2 from this.

if this doesn't hurt, are you sure it's even a herpes lesion?

Yes it's definitely herpes .. I get the tingling/ biting sensation down the back of my thighs and backside .. Plus a sort of general pain in my vagina area .. This happens every  few months ..

Thanks very much for your answers it has  put my mind at ease .. My partner will get tested if no symptoms show and I will look into suppressive therapy a little more ..x thanks again
I meant * burning  not biting lol x
what's funny is my mind read it as burning....lol